* Most students didn’t mind taking a CAT or STAR test as a child, but still would get anxiety before, during, and after an exam. That’s not to say that we liked taking them.
* Rather than just issue a grade, instructors should offer constructive criticism and explain the parts that the student didn’t understand that resulted in them getting a poor grade.
* Setting goals for yourself is a good way to address accountability and accomplishment.
* Teacher/student compassion is key to some students being able to succeed.
* Teachers allowing students to go back and correct their mistakes on test for a half point as long as they show their work is helpful in development of content and comprehension.