Team 4: Amazing Otters
Block Assignment: Learning Block
Team Member Roles and Responsibilities:
Katie Ahmed: Note Taker
Martin Nguyen: Time Keeper and summarizer of Main events
Alexandra Lorenzana: Discussion Leader
Gabriela Gutierrez: Twitter Monitor
Dana Angelo: Dedicated Devils Advocate Twitter
- It is common sense to have more teachers with a say about what goes on in the classroom.
- Teachers should be involved in politics.
- The Obama administration isn’t ready to tackle education reform when they are having trouble with Obama Care.
- The Common Core will give students an easier time moving around the country.
- Try the European System which gives students directions.
- How do you think schools are related to the economy? If so what do you believe are some ideas to improve it?
- Do you feel our school system is to blame for our declining economy?
- Should standards be made to fit each student?
- Do you feel that with the Common Core it will over simplify educational needs of diverse students who will eventually enter a diverse workforce?
Discussion Ender: “Common Standards represent represent huge over-simplification of educational needs that would result in one size fits all high school curriculum that fails to account for the individual differences in children” (Barton, Paul Page 9).